Skip to main content

5 Steps to Problem Solve Anything. Click on the image.

31 POWERFUL TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR WELL-BEING & RESILIENCE LIFESTYLE FITNESS. CLICK ON IMAGE.

Flourish

Flourish

TESTIMONIALS

TESTIMONIALS

Become a Resilience Pro! Catch this feeling. Click on image.

When there are some things you just don't feel like doing! Click on image.

Freedom Now

Freedom Now

Your Writing Problem Solved, No Headache. Click on image.

The Power Up BOOST - A Quick Fix Solution. Click on image.

Relax and read my blogs.

Relax and read my blogs.

Mission #1 Your Mission of Significance, Not Perfection. My Journey







WHAT IS YOUR MISSION OF SIGNIFICANCE?   What makes your struggle worth going through?


What can you do today to live more intentionally, deliberately, consistently?




How can you live with significance? 
 
When you honour, respect, and protect your values, you are living intentionally.  
 
 
But wait!  You need to know what they really are.
 

Intentional living is a lifestyle based on your conscious attempts to live according to your values and beliefs.  When you determine what is important to you and WHY it is important to you and live in the space of integrity and well-being with regard to those things, you are living intentionally.


Set a policy and state the reason WHY behind it.   Ask yourself, what value does this bring to me?   


Next, create a paradigm about it. Then, align your habits and behaviors with what you want to achieve.


For example:  I will go to bed at 10:00 p.m. because I want to get my full 8 hours of sleep so that I can function well throughout the day.  I give myself the opportunity to be my very best every day.  


Then, set it up that it is so. Cultivate your new, desirable habit and behaviour deliberately and consistently.  Honour, respect, and protect your values, so you create meaning, fulfillment, significance and impact.


When you take small, but intentional daily actions you are adding to your mission of significance.


Set a new standard for your life.




“An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing.  An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance. “  - John C. Maxwell


Too often, our everyday actions betray, contaminate, and derail our mission of significance by refusing to rally around our long-term goals, our core values, our vision of what we want our lives to be, and who we want to be.


Our dreams effectively abandon their partner: commitment.  We get sucked into undesirable habits, dishonorable behaviors, and the routines of daily living or even pushed around by other people’s agendas that sometimes do as much as little to support, facilitate, or edify us, or line up with what we want to do. 


Sometimes even, we are seduced into inaction when we fail to implement the things we know are good and right for us or resistant to change old habits and behaviours controlled by the complacency of our very own emotional memory and patterns.


I remember a time when I was desiring to have more momentum in my life.  Yet, I was carrying on a full-blown relationship with procrastination.  I can’t seem to get around to get what I wanted off the ground. This leaves me feeling guilty, unmotivated, and dissatisfied. I had walked away from the corporate world to pursue my many passions and gifts.  Procrastination caught up with me on my solo-entrepreneur journey.


So, I set a policy.  I dumped my lover, Waste of Time Procrastination for my new lover, Momentum Magic!  


WHY?  


I value progress, momentum, satisfaction, and well-being - fulfillment!  

I made-up my mind to start jogging at 5:00 a.m. for more momentum.  This leaves me feeling more energized and motivated and gave me so much clarity about what I needed to do.  Ultimately, I fully committed to starting my business and now I have discovered the abundant peace and joy of honouring and living my values and a higher calling. 
 
I am a bridge for women.


Adelante!




That mental shift had a huge impact on my life.  It triggered-up ideas to get my foundation off the ground and how I can support and sustain it.  Running the children and adult literacy programs brought me more momentum which made me feel happier, fulfilled, and free.


Since that 5:00 a.m. victory run, I had added new, desirable and sustainable habits and behaviors to my daily routine that rally for who I am becoming!  For example: getting my 8+ glasses of water daily so I can stay hydrated throughout the day, compassionate self-care, eating healthy snacks, time restricted eating, consistent tithing, and setting boundaries in relationships.  I only add and embrace what’s important to my mission of significance.  These habits and behaviours have become a part of my identity.


Positive change in ONE area leads to exponential growth. 


Australian researchers Megan Oaten and Ken Cheng found students who successfully acquire ONE POSITIVE HABIT reported less stress, less impulsive spending, better dietary habits, decreased alcohol, tobacco and caffeine consumption, fewer hours watching TV and even fewer dirty dishes." - The One Thing by Gary Keller.


I keep asking myself - what do I need to improve?  What do I need to learn?


I started to find, create, and integrate margins of success in my daily life, intentionally, on matters that are important to me – that are my core values.  I honour, respect, and protect them with passion and self-compassion. 



What does that look like?


Learning a new language.  Investing time to develop and train my mental focus to manage the distractions around me, so that I can get what I want done - the important stuff.


Science says, every time we learn something new, we are creating and strengthening new neural connections – new synapsis in the brain.  This builds Cognitive Reserve.  Brain power.


I feel like a champ on the road and in life.  You bet!


To prevent myself from spinning my wheels and avoid those pitiful start and stop routines, I use simple, effective, and easy to use practical and proven systems, strategies, tools and solutions and apply them with intention, vision, and right action.


Start your new habits in bite-size portions because staying where it’s comfortable, safe, familiar, and known is not an option.  That’s not necessarily personal freedom.


Who do you want to become?


When I decided to honour, respect, and protect my core values and do the things that I wanted to do and took easy, small, but SUPER intentional steps to live the life that I want, I started living from a space of integrity and well-being.


When you determine what is important to you and live in the space of integrity and well-being with your core values and beliefs, you are adding to your mission of significance.


Your intention matters!


When you start adding to your mission of significance, you inspire those around you to do the same.  You have impact.


My friend Rhonda, who lives alone, had been desiring to get her exercise routine off the ground.  And when she learned that I have been running at 5 a.m., she wanted to join me.


She agreed to meet up with me at a particular location so we can walk together.  I say walk because she’s not yet in shape to jog with me.  I’ve been jogging for many years now.  She lives in another part of town, but we managed to make it happened.


I eventually relocated, but Rhonda continues her early morning walks.  Her compelling desire to reduce her tummy drives the struggle of resistance training.


What do you really want?


Who do you want to become?


What are your core values and beliefs?


What matters to you?


What are your non-negotiables?


What needs to change?


What are you adding to your mission of significance today?


What are some short-term actions you can change on an hourly, daily basis to support your goals?


What can you do today to live more intentionally?


What will bring you meaning, fulfillment and significance?  Do it.  Live your next best story, now.


You are the greatest project you will ever get to work on.  Take your time.” - Anonymous


Set a policy. Remember your WHY.  Do it!


Get my support.

My wish for you is to flourish in work and life using these tools for everyday living.  Remember, put the small things in the right places and flourish in work and life.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Please leave a comment so others may be inspired by your insight.  


Thank you for the pleasure of your time.


 
Wake up excited about your life!




Comments

Flourishing

Flourishing

Popular posts from this blog

Mission #2 Are You A Distracted Listener?

ARE YOU EASILY DISTRACTED?   There is support here.   If listening is one of the best gifts we can give each other, then, why not get better at it?   In fact, be great.  It makes us feel heard, appreciated and valued.  It encourages us that what we have to say is worthwhile.  But this is no ordinary listening.  The type of listening that rallies for one's consummate attention is active (empathic) listening.  Are you aware of its magnificent impact?  I will share (4) tips you can practice to upgrade and sharpen your active listening skills and apply right away and renovate your purpose-driven life. Active (empathic) listening is being fully, completely present and engaging to hear and comprehend the meaning of what someone else is saying before you reply or respond to them.  You can garner and wield influence once you have mastered or refined the valuable skill-set of active listening.  It can make you a winner because when others feel heard, it makes them feel satisfied.   They dev

Mission #3 Your Mental Might

SILENCE YOUR NEGATIVE SELF-TALK.    Alas,  ..... do your automatic, intrusive, negative, looping thoughts sometimes trip you up?  Are they sucking you in and unsparingly pushing you down an unending, narrow-winding stairway of uncertainty, worry, self-doubt, even fear?  You feel devalued and exhausted at times, unable to escape their unwelcome presence.  How can you put these unwelcome guests into perspective and effectively manage the outcomes you desire and deserve?   Here are three (3) helpful, practical tips you can practice that will support your self-management style and place those controlling, negative thoughts in a less influential position in your life. Perhaps,  you have heard the saying, you are not your thoughts, but the observer of your thoughts.  One of Master Shi Heng Yi's steps to self-mastery is the practice of non-identification which he explains, " I am not the body.  I am not the mind.  I am not my emotions.  It is just that I can see all these three aspec